Together, We Can Provide
Physical & Spiritual Care
Every child deserves a safe place to grow up. We provide a clean, secure, and safe environment where urgent physical needs are immediately met. This includes administering medical care, addressing malnutrition, and providing safe water. We desire for all of our kids to know the love of Christ. Every child is loved and cared for by Christian caretakers.
Every child deserves a quality education. We've partnered with Haitian educators to to build a preschool, primary school, secondary school, and a vocational school. Our schools are accredited by the Haitian government and staffed by Haitian teachers. We award academic scholarships that enable students to attend local Haitian universities.
Hope For The Future
When you support our children’s homes, you're letting every child know that you're there for them. Our children’s homes do so much more than meet the basic need. We’re passionate about investing in each child’s future through school and career training. Sponsorship provides hope and a chance to thrive.
How It Works
We're one big family.
Working with leaders and staff at each children's home, we've developed a strategy to ensure that every child is cared for. When you support a children’s home, 100% of that money goes to providing sustaining care for all of the children.
Meet Our Kids
Browse the gallery and get to know our kids. They're each unique!
Choose a Level of Sponsorship
The cost to fully meet the needs of a child is $200/month. We realize that not everyone is able to give at that level, so we offer various smaller levels of sponsorship.
Stay in Touch
You’ll have the opportunity to write to any of the children you are supporting. We’ll encourage and equip you to write as often as you like!
Am I sponsoring a specific child?
- In short, no. Our goal is to make sure each child knows that he or she is loved and supported. One of the best things about our program is that when you sign up to become a sponsor, you are supporting all of the children at once.
Can I write to a specific child?
- When you become a sponsor, we will provide you with an address where you can write to any of the children. You may write as often as you like! When you write, the child reciving your letter will benefit from knowing that someone really cares. Your words of encouragement make a big difference to the children.
How long does a sponsorship last?
- Sponsorship offers you the opportunity to stay with a child or children for a number of years, usually through the completion of high school. While we hope that you will be able to continue supporting the children, we recognize that circumstances sometimes change. You may discontinue your sponsorship at any time. Please understand that a child's circumstances may change, and they may leave the program.
What should I do if I’m considering canceling or changing my sponsorship?
- If you need to make a change in your sponsorship please inform us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can make changes to your payment anytime by logging into the PayPal account you used to sign up.
If I must discontinue my sponsorship, what happens to the children I’m supporting?
We understand that unexpented circumstances can arise and that you may need to discontinue your sponsorship. Because we pool every sponsorship and distribute the funds to the Children's Homes every child will continue to be cared for.
You can discontinue your sponsorship at any time by logging into the PayPal account you signed up with, or by contacting us at email@example.com
How much does it cost to fully meet the needs for a child?
- The cost to fully meet the needs of a child is $200/month. We realize that not everyone is able to give at that level, so we offer various smaller levels of sponsorship.
Why does it cost more to support a child through PKF?
- We provide a holistic approach to the care we provide. We address spiritual, economic, social, and physical aspects of poverty, in an effort to see kids grow up to become self-sufficient adults who provide for their family.
Is there anything I cannot send to the children?
- As a sponsor, you have many opportunities to communicate with the children and we encourage you to do so. When you communicate with them, however, we ask you to provide comments and materials consistent with Christian values.
Can I send a speficic child special gifts?
- We discourage the sending of individual gifts. We view our children as one big family, and we want to make sure all the kids are treated equally. Your support allows us to provide resources for each Children's Home that allows them to celebrate special events.
What should I do if a child asks me for money, etc?
- Our staff in Haiti and Pittsburgh works hard to ensure that every child's needs are met. If a child reaches out to you and requests something specific, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss each unique opportunitiy.
Where does The Pittsburgh Kids Foundation work?
- We work in Pittsburgh, PA and Cap Haitien, Haiti. The PKF Child Sponsorship program is based solely in the children’s homes we partner with in Haiti.
Is PKF affiliated with a specific religion?
- We are a Christian organization, and work with over 200 churches and organizations representing many different denominations.
How much of my monthly donation goes to program activities?
- 100% of your sponsorship payment goes to meeting the needs of food, clean water, shelter, medical attention and education.
How does your program ensure that my support actually benefits the children?
- We are very involved in the operations of the three orphanages. We have staff on site in Haiti and frequently visit the orphanages with groups from Pittsburgh. We know each of our children by name and are deeply involved in their lives.
Can I visit the children?
- Yes! We would love to have you join us to meet the children. Please email us at email@example.com
Don't see your question on the list? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org